Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fool's Views (5/27 – 6/9)


I know, I know, I'm working on it...
Howdy troops,

It has been a very slow summer, movie-wise, for the Doc. If it weren’t for blood brother Doug Lamoreux and my unerring dead-ication to the Kryptic Army, I might not have sat down in front of the magic window at all. Strange days, indeed. However, with my two horror mentors goading me on, I managed to knock out a few “classic” Japanese sci-fi features, as well as a couple undead flicks with a twist. Not to worry, we stepped it up a bit in the weeks that follow, so stay tuned...

Click on the movie titles to be taken to the full reviews. As always, feel free to leave your two cents worth – we’ll make sure you get some change back.

Enjoy!

HORROR:


Aaah! Zombies!! (aka Wasting Away) (2007) (1st viewing) d. Kohnen, Matthew (USA)

**CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW**




Habit (1995) (4th viewing) d. Fessenden, Larry (USA)

**CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW**




Menace from Outer Space (1956) (1st viewing) d. Morse, Hollingsworth (USA)

I leave this to Movie Mis-Treatments, because it’s silly and they do it justice.
http://www.movie-mistreatments.com/Menace%20From%20Space.html




KRYPTIC ARMY JUNE ASSIGNMENT: FLAG DAY (FOREIGN HORROR)



Gamera: Super Monster (1980) (1st viewing) d. Yuasa, Noriaki (Japan)

**CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW**





Gorath (1962) (1st viewing) d. Honda, Ishiro (Japan)

**CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW**





Warning from Space (1956) (1st viewing) d. Shima, Koji (Japan)

And I'll let the good folks at AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A SCIENTIST! tell you about this one because there's no point in trying to improve upon perfection...
http://www.aycyas.com/warningfromspace.htm


2013 Totals to date: 151 films, 143 1st time views, 81 horror, 48 cinema

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention and the company. Carry on, A.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine, amigo. Let's hope the next go-round isn't too far away...

      Delete